This is just going to be a quick update on the cover crops. I didn’t do a good job with spreading out the seeds of the cover crop.
When I put the seeds in the water to attach the inoculate I properly used to much water and the seeds were sticking to each other. Which made it harder to properly spread them out.
I have also been having a problem with birds and squirrels getting into the garden and eating the seeds. Unfortunately, I don’t have low tunnel supports or bug netting to protect the seeds.
I have clumps of seedlings in places and bare soil in others. I can fix it with planting hair Vetch seeds that I have left over from a year and a half ago.
What I have seen is that the seeds from Walnut Creek are germinating extremely well.
The ones that I see haven’t germinated at all are just sitting on the top of the soil. What I did was just poke the seeds into the soil so they can germinate.
I am hoping that the seeds that I poked back into the soil will germinate. So, I have less of a gap in the beds.
Now it is just a waiting game to see what happens.
If you want to help with donations for farming equipment you can help here.
If you are looking for help with your garden check out the coaching page